Ordered a new Volkswagen? What you need to know
Thank you for buying your new Volkswagen from Windrush. We greatly appreciate your custom and we will do as much as possible to ensure everything is straightforward and enjoyable up to the point of delivery and beyond. We will keep you updated with your Volkswagen's servicing requirements and future opportunities for what will hopefully be your next Volkswagen from Windrush.
Our main priority is to deliver the highest levels of customer service and to make your purchase an enjoyable experience. Once you have taken delivery of your car, Volkswagen will contact you to ensure that we have delivered on our promise. However, if at any point you have any questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com and our management team will respond promptly.
We have listed some of the information that you will need ahead of delivery below plus a little about what happens after – we hope that you find it useful.
In the event of a 'no-deal Brexit’, vehicles arriving in the UK may be subject to new import duties/tariffs. It is therefore prudent that we clarify the scenarios that may apply for such an event. Volkswagen have the right to amend the pricing of your new Volkswagen for any added import duties or tariffs that might be applied. In the event of this happening it could apply to any order placed on or after 1st February 2019. The aforementioned scenarios could apply to Retail and Motability sales.
Thank you again for choosing Windrush.
Debit and credit card payments can be accepted to a maximum of £1,000 for deposit purposes only. Please note transferred funds will need to be received by the preceding Friday for weekend collections.
Due to money laundering regulations we can only accept a maximum of £5,000 cash in total. Personal cheques and bankers or building society cheques cannot be taken as part or full payment.
Balance of payments by direct transfer only to:
National Westminster Bank, Milton Keynes
Account: 82218323 for Slough purchases
Account: 82231885 for Maidenhead purchases
Sort Code: 60 14 55 is the same for either branch
Taxing your vehicle
Taxing of your new vehicle will take place at delivery. It is a DVLA requirement to ensure that your new car is registered by you to the address that you require and to ensure that you receive future renewal reminders correctly. Payment on the day can be made with any recognised credit or debit card. A complimentary 5 days’ free cover can be obtained from Volkswagen Insurance by calling 0345 300 6119 and quoting dealer code 349 Slough or 401 Maidenhead. If you hold a road fund licence exemption certificate, please ensure this is given to us.
If you have a part-exchange
If you are part-exchanging your vehicle, we will require the following:
- Vehicle registration document
- Current MOT certificate, if applicable
- All service history and supporting invoices, electronic service history’s should be printed out and handed over on the day.
- Please bring both sets of keys
We will remind you along the way
Once you have taken delivery of your new Volkswagen from Windrush we will continue to stay in touch to guide you through the ownership experience over the lifetime of your vehicle. We are always here to help you with any questions you may have. Below are some details on how we aim to keep you informed.
In 24 hours…
We will be in touch with you to check that you were extremely satisfied with your experience with Windrush and to answer any initial questions that you may have since you left the showroom.
In 11 months…
Nearly a year has gone past since taking delivery of your car. We will be in touch with you to check that you’re still enjoying it and to answer any questions that may have arisen in the last 11 months. In approximately seven months, there will also be a reminder that we’ll be calling you to do an account review.
In 12-23 months’ time…
Within this period, we’ll be constantly monitoring your agreement and we will contact you regarding your Plan.
You will be invited in for an account review with one of our showroom managers. At this stage we can advise you when you’ll get the best value upgrade on a brand new Volkswagen. That’s because the equity in your car will be at the peak of its value, so you may be surprised what you can get.
Servicing and maintenance
To ensure your car is kept in tip-top condition and, to maintain its value and integrity, we will send you the occasional reminder regarding servicing and maintenance that is due on your vehicle.
Once your car is booked in with us, we also email you useful service booking reminders.
We will also advise you of any issues discovered during a free Visual Health Inspection on your vehicle to make you aware of any faults or urgent maintenance required.
Windrush Garage Limited and Windrush Maidenhead Limited, a trading division of Windrush Automotive Group ("we"/"us") are committed to protecting and respecting any personal information you share with us.
This statement describes what types of information we collect from you, how it is used by us, how we share it with others, how you can manage the information we hold and how you can contact us.
We will always give you the option not to receive marketing communications from us. We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications, or share your data with anyone else who might. We do not sell your information to third parties, but we do work closely with selected partners who help us to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us. For example, the AA who provide roadside assistance on our behalf.
The contents of this statement may change from time to time so you may wish to check this page occasionally to ensure you are still happy to share your information with us. Where possible, we will also contact you directly to notify you of these changes.
What information do we collect?
We collect information about you and your vehicle when you engage with our website, applications or Windrush Automotive Group. We only collect information which is necessary, relevant and adequate for the purpose you are providing it for.
We collect information about you or your vehicle when you use Windrush websites, applications and our customer service centres. Some of this information does not identify you personally, but provides us with information about how you use our services and engage with us (we use this information to improve our services and make them more useful to you). The information we collect includes some or all of the following:
- Name (including title);
- Phone number;
- Date of birth;
- Email address;
- Vehicle information (including registration number, VIN, service reminders, mileage and warranty repair information);
- The date and time you used our services;
- The pages you visited on our website and how long you visited us for;
- Your IP address;
- Your GPS location (where you have permitted access to this);
- The internet browser and devices you are using;
- The website address from which you accessed our website;
- Details of any transactions between you and us or any authorised repairer;
- Where you engage with us in a business context, we may collect your job title, company contact details (including email addresses), fleet size and company details;
- Voice recordings of calls you make to our customer service centre;
- "Live chat" records;
- Any information within correspondence you send to us.
How do we use this information?
Windrush Automotive Group will only process information that is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected. You will always have the option not to receive marketing communications from us (and you can withdraw your consent or object at any time). We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications, or share your personal information with anyone else that might. We may use or process your personal information in various ways. We list these below:
Where you have provided your consent, we may use and process your information to:
- Contact you from time to time about promotions, events, products, services or information which we think may be of interest to you (don’t worry, we won’t bombard you);
- Use automatic number plate recognition when you visit our authorised repairer network to alert them to your arrival at their premises.
- To share your personal information with our recommended third party partners, so that they can contact you with marketing information about their products and services (we will, of course, give you details about these third parties before you give your permission for us to send information to them).
- You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us on the details here or, in relation to any marketing messages you receive, by using the unsubscribe option included in those messages.
We may use and process your personal information where this is necessary to perform a contract with you and to fulfil and complete your orders, purchases and other transactions entered into with us (or one of our authorised repairers or selected partners).
We may use and process your personal information as set out below where it is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in our legitimate interests as a business to do so. Processing necessary for us to support customers with sales and other enquiries
- To respond to correspondence you send to us and fulfil the requests you make to us (for example: test drives, service requests, brochure requests or information about specific vehicles);
- To provide vehicle support and services (for example warranty services); Processing necessary for us to respond to understanding customers and drivers’ needs
- To analyse, evaluate and improve our products and services so that your visit and use of our website, applications, customer service centres are more useful and enjoyable (we will generally use data amalgamated from many people so that it doesn’t identify you personally);
- To undertake market analysis and research (including contacting you with customer surveys) so that we can better understand you as a customer and provide tailored offers, products and services that we think you will be interested in. We will only send marketing communications to you if you have provided your consent for us to do so or which we have obtained in the ways mentioned in the paragraph above;
- For product development purposes (for example to improve vehicle quality, performance and safety);
- In some cases we may use automated methods to analyse, combine and evaluate information that you have provided to us (including the sharing of your personal information within our group of companies and Volkswagen United Kingdom Limited. We collect and analyse this information in this way so that we can deliver the most appropriate customer experience to you by tailoring and making relevant all our service and communications (for example, when your mileage suggests your vehicle is due for a service.
- To send you marketing information from time to time after you have purchased a product or service from us or made a purchasing enquiry, closed your browser with items in your shopping basket or requested a test drive, brochure or other information of interest. We will only contact you with information about our own products and services (and in ways the law allows), which we hope you will like. You have the right to object to us sending you this information at any time;
- To contact you from time to time with marketing information (unless you object) if you have expressly indicated to us that you are acting on behalf of a business or where we have obtained your business contact details from our authorised repairer network or an online or public business directory. In relation to any such information we send by email or SMS, we will include an option allowing you to object to receiving future messages by unsubscribing;
- To contact you with targeted advertising delivered online through social media and other platforms operated by other companies, unless you object. You may receive advertising based on information about you that we have provided to the platform or because, at our request, the platform has identified you as having similar attributes to the individuals whose details it has received from us. To find out more, please refer to the information provided in the help pages of the platforms on which you receive advertising from us;
- To administer competitions and promotions that you enter with us from time to time and to distribute prizes;
- Processing necessary for us to operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively
- To verify the accuracy of information that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer;
- For network and information security purposes i.e. in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorised access;
- To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request);
- To inform you of updates to our terms and conditions and policies.
We may process your personal information to comply with our legal requirements (for example to register your car with the DVLA).
Sometimes we will need to process your personal information to contact you if there is an urgent safety or product recall notice and we need to tell you about it.
How do we share this information?
We do not sell your information to third parties. However, we may from time to time disclose your information to the following categories of companies or organisations to which we pass the responsibility to handle services on our behalf: roadside assistance service providers, customer contact centres, mobility and car hire providers, direct marketing communications agencies and consultants, market research and market analytics service providers, our legal and other professional advisors.
We take steps to ensure that any third party partners who handle your information comply with data protection legislation and protect your information just as we do. We only disclose personal information that is necessary for them to provide the service that they are undertaking on our behalf. We will aim to anonymise your information or use aggregated none specific data sets wherever possible. Due to the international nature of our business, there may be some instances where your information is processed or stored outside of the EU. In those instances, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place for that transfer and storage as required by applicable law.
There are circumstances where we share your information with Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Limited and their parent company in order to fulfil orders, transactions, handle complaints or provide you with a service or information that you have requested. For example, we will share information with Volkswagen Financial Services UK Limited where you enquire about their services through us or where you make a complaint to us and later make the same or similar complaint to them. Volkswagen Financial Services UK Limited may use your information to provide you with information and carry out their obligations arising from contracts you enter into with them. For more information, please see their privacy statement.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary. If you are a customer or otherwise have a relationship with us, we will hold personal information about you for a longer period than if we have obtained your details in connection with a prospective relationship.
We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
If we have a relationship with you (e.g. you are a customer or the registered driver of a leased or other vehicle purchased from us or an authorised repairer), we hold your personal information for 6 years from the date our relationship ends. We hold your personal information for this period to establish, bring or defend legal claims. Our relationship may end for a number of reasons including where the vehicle warranty or lease expires, or we have been made aware that you no longer own or drive that vehicle.
Where we have obtained your personal information following a request for information, test drive, brochure, quotation or any other information on any of our products or services, we hold your personal information for 1 year and 6 months from the date we collect that information, unless during that period we form a relationship with you e.g. you purchase or lease a vehicle. We hold your personal information for this period to give us an opportunity to form a relationship with you.
The only exceptions to the periods mentioned above are where:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- Where you have raised a complaint or concern regarding a product or service offered by us, in which case we will retain your information for a period of 6 years following the date of that complaint or query;
- or you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law (see further How can I manage the information we hold about you);
How can I manage the information we hold about you?
You have the right as an individual to access your personal information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us and ask us to erase information we hold about you. You can also object to us using your personal information (where we rely on our business interests to process and use your personal information).
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received any request.
You have the right to:
- Ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you;
- Correct and update your information;
- Withdraw your consent (where we rely on it). Please see further How do we use this information;
- Object to our use of your information (where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information) provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process the information. When we do rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information for direct marketing, we will always comply with your right to object;
- Erase your information (or restrict the use of it), provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process that information;
- Transfer your information in a structured data file (in a commonly used and machine-readable format), where we rely on your consent to use and process your personal information or need to process it in connection with your contract.
You can exercise the above rights and/or manage your information by contacting us using the details below:
Post: Customer Services. Windrush Volkswagen. 57 Farnham Road, Slough. Berkshire. SL1 3TN
Phone: 01753 670200
If you have any specific data protection concerns or a complaint, you can address it to our Data Protection Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unhappy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office, the data protection regulator in the UK, are below:
Post: Information Commissioner's Office Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF
Call: 0303 123 1113
We hope that you're pleased with any purchase you've made or service you've received from us, and that you'll never have reason to complain. But, if there's something you're not happy with, we'd like you to tell the relevant Windrush Volkswagen team about it so that we can try to put matters right.
Complaint handling and dispute resolution process
Contact us straight away
In the first instance, if you're in one of our showrooms, do ask to speak to a manager, or call or email us as soon as possible.
If you're still not happy with our response, please contact us using one of the options below. If you call us, we'll try to sort out your complaint while you're on the phone. If this isn't possible, the advisor will agree a course of action with you.
For problems or queries with your purchase or service from any Windrush branch, please contact using any of the following methods;
01753 670200 Slough
01628 682100 Maidenhead
Email us email@example.com
57 Farnham Road
Windrush complaints handling customer promise
- We accept all complaints with an open mind and should acknowledge the initial communications either verbally, by mail or in writing.
- We always put ourselves in the customers place to ensure we can empathise and, due to our direct experience, advance the solution promptly whenever possible.
- Take a view with an open and unbiased mind and not prejudge.
- We will collect the facts ahead of making a judgement or taking corrective actions. Gaining as much information for our customer is important to build a comprehensive view.
- If a mistake or fault is identified we will work efficiently to bring about a fix and whenever possible we will seek your agreement for all parties to reach a conclusion.
- We will always learn from each complaint and communicate our learnings to the relevant areas of the business.
Code of Conduct
Windrush Volkswagen are committed to the highest standards and subscribe to the Motor Industry Code of Practice, which is designed to make things fair for all customers.
If, for any reason, you are dissatisfied with the product or service outcome that we have provided, we would like to know. Please contact us directly by phone directly or email us firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to resolve any issues you may have.
Treating Customers Fairly
Windrush observe the principles of the Equality Act 2010 (EqA 2010) which prohibits businesses who provide services to the public (for payment or not) from discriminating against, harassing and victimising certain classes of persons. We also take on the full obligation to make reasonable adjustments to our access and processes for disabled people. We also respect and treat equally and fairly all genders and people who have particular characteristics as equal and will not knowingly discriminate.
*age (for people aged 18 or over);
*pregnancy and maternity;
*religion or belief (not harassment);
*sexual orientation (not harassment).
For a full detail of the Equality Act 2010 follow this link: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/equality-act-2010-guidance
Windrush Automotive Group has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this site.
Whilst every effort is made to produce up to date products and specifications, this site should not be regarded as an infallible guide to our vehicles products and services, nor does it constitute an offer for the sale of any particular vehicle.
All rights, including copyright and database right, in the website and its contents, are owned by or licensed to Windrush Automotive Group, or otherwise used by Windrush Automotive Group as permitted by applicable law or the copyright holder. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast or transmit any text, images, graphic, logo, button, icon, image and their selection and arrangement thereof, and any underlying source code and software, for any commercial or public purpose without prior written permission from Windrush Automotive Group or the copyright holder.
You may not adapt, alter or create any of the material or information in this site or use it for any other purpose other than for your personal non-commercial use. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes.
Windrush Automotive Group reserves the right to use for its own purposes any material submitted to the site, including text and images, either on the site or in any other form, including for publicity purposes. Windrush Automotive Group reserves the right to monitor submissions to the site and to edit or reject any submissions.
We try to ensure that information on our site is accurate, complete and up-to-date. In using this site, however, you agree to be bound by the Terms & Conditions, which take effect on the date when you first use the site.
Without prejudice to your statutory rights, the site and all information, text, names, images, pictures, logos, links and icons and other materials (without limitation) are provided 'AS IS' and on an 'IS AVAILABLE' basis without representation warranty or endorsement, express or implied. In particular, we do not warrant or represent the accuracy or completeness of information provided on this site nor do we guarantee that use of this site will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that the site and its servers are free of computer viruses or bugs.
In no event will Windrush Automotive Group be liable to any person for any damage or loss that may arise from the use of any information contained in our site or products displayed on our site, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the site.
Notwithstanding anything else in these Terms & Conditions, we will not be liable for claims relating to the functionality or availability of this site.
All names, images, logos identifying Windrush Automotive Group are proprietary marks of Windrush Automotive Group. All third party brand, product, service and company names contained on this site are the trademarks, service marks and trade names of their respective holders. Windrush Automotive Group does not give permission for their use by any person other than the holders. Any such use may constitute an infringement of the holders' rights.
Windrush Automotive Group does not represent, warrant, endorse or hold responsibility over any external sites that may be linked to and from this site. Any external site that you visit by clicking through a link on this site is outside the control of Windrush Automotive Group and you visit entirely at your own risk.
The software downloads from this site have been thoroughly scanned and tested at all stages of production, but - as with all new software - we still recommend that you run a virus checker before use. We also recommend that you have an up-to-date backup of your hard disk before using the software. Windrush Automotive Group cannot accept responsibility for any disruption, damage and/or loss of data on your data or computer system that may occur while using the software. Consult your network administrator before installing any software on a networked computer.
Aggregated Site Usage Statistics
Cookies may be placed on your computer, phone or other Internet device to provide us with aggregated data of the usage of this site and the mediums which are driving traffic to the site. The data gathered by these is aggregated and therefore your individual usage of this site cannot be attributed to you.
Essential Site Features
Cookies may be placed upon your computer, phone or other Internet device in order to provide essential site features such as allowing you to compare different cars in stock and complete enquiry forms quickly.
Complimentary Site Features
These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising here shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Windrush Automotive Group reserves the right to change any of its terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online.
If you do not accept these Terms in full, you must stop using this website immediately.