Ordered a new Volkswagen? What you need to know
Thank you for buying your new Volkswagen from Windrush. We greatly appreciate your custom and we will do as much as possible to ensure everything is straightforward and enjoyable up to the point of delivery and beyond. We will keep you updated with your Volkswagen's servicing requirements and future opportunities for what will hopefully be your next Volkswagen from Windrush.
Our main priority is to deliver the highest levels of customer service and to make your purchase an enjoyable experience. Once you have taken delivery of your car, Volkswagen will contact you to ensure that we have delivered on our promise. However, if at any point you have any questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our management team will respond promptly.
We have listed some of the information that you will need ahead of delivery below plus a little about what happens after – we hope that you find it useful.
In the event of a 'no-deal Brexit’, vehicles arriving in the UK may be subject to new import duties/tariffs. It is therefore prudent that we clarify the scenarios that may apply for such an event. Volkswagen have the right to amend the pricing of your new Volkswagen for any added import duties or tariffs that might be applied. In the event of this happening it could apply to any order placed on or after 1st February 2019. The aforementioned scenarios could apply to Retail and Motability sales.
Thank you again for choosing Windrush.
Debit and credit card payments can be accepted to a maximum of £1,000 for deposit purposes only. Please note transferred funds will need to be received by the preceding Friday for weekend collections.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we can no longer accept or handle cash. Personal cheques, bankers or building society cheques cannot be taken as part or full payment.
Balance of payments by direct transfer only to:
National Westminster Bank, Milton Keynes
Account: 82218323 for Slough purchases
Account: 82231885 for Maidenhead purchases
Sort Code: 60 14 55 is the same for either branch
Taxing your vehicle
Taxing of your new vehicle will take place at delivery. It is a DVLA requirement to ensure that your new car is registered by you to the address that you require and to ensure that you receive future renewal reminders correctly. Payment on the day can be made with any recognised credit or debit card. A complimentary 5 days’ free cover can be obtained from Volkswagen Insurance by calling 0345 300 6119 and quoting dealer code 349 Slough or 401 Maidenhead. If you hold a road fund licence exemption certificate, please ensure this is given to us.
If you have a part-exchange
If you are part-exchanging your vehicle, we will require the following:
- Vehicle registration document
- Current MOT certificate, if applicable
- All service history and supporting invoices, electronic service history’s should be printed out and handed over on the day.
- Please bring both sets of keys
We will remind you along the way
Once you have taken delivery of your new Volkswagen from Windrush we will continue to stay in touch to guide you through the ownership experience over the lifetime of your vehicle. We are always here to help you with any questions you may have. Below are some details on how we aim to keep you informed.
In 24 hours…
We will be in touch with you to check that you were extremely satisfied with your experience with Windrush and to answer any initial questions that you may have since you left the showroom.
In 11 months…
Nearly a year has gone past since taking delivery of your car. We will be in touch with you to check that you’re still enjoying it and to answer any questions that may have arisen in the last 11 months. In approximately seven months, there will also be a reminder that we’ll be calling you to do an account review.
In 12-23 months’ time…
Within this period, we’ll be constantly monitoring your agreement and we will contact you regarding your Plan.
You will be invited in for an account review with one of our showroom managers. At this stage we can advise you when you’ll get the best value upgrade on a brand new Volkswagen. That’s because the equity in your car will be at the peak of its value, so you may be surprised what you can get.
Servicing and maintenance
To ensure your car is kept in tip-top condition and, to maintain its value and integrity, we will send you the occasional reminder regarding servicing and maintenance that is due on your vehicle.
Once your car is booked in with us, we also email you useful service booking reminders.
We will also advise you of any issues discovered during a free Visual Health Inspection on your vehicle to make you aware of any faults or urgent maintenance required.
Windrush Garage Limited and Windrush Maidenhead Limited, a trading division of Windrush Automotive Group ("we"/"us") are committed to protecting and respecting any personal information you share with us.
This statement describes what types of information we collect from you, how it is used by us, how we share it with others, how you can manage the information we hold and how you can contact us.
We will always give you the option not to receive marketing communications from us. We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications, or share your data with anyone else who might. We do not sell your information to third parties, but we do work closely with selected partners who help us to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us. For example, the AA who provide roadside assistance on our behalf.
The contents of this statement may change from time to time so you may wish to check this page occasionally to ensure you are still happy to share your information with us. Where possible, we will also contact you directly to notify you of these changes.
What information do we collect?
We collect information about you and your vehicle when you engage with our website, applications or Windrush Automotive Group. We only collect information which is necessary, relevant and adequate for the purpose you are providing it for.
We collect information about you or your vehicle when you use Windrush websites, applications and our customer service centres. Some of this information does not identify you personally, but provides us with information about how you use our services and engage with us (we use this information to improve our services and make them more useful to you). The information we collect includes some or all of the following:
- Name (including title);
- Phone number;
- Date of birth;
- Email address;
- Vehicle information (including registration number, VIN, service reminders, mileage and warranty repair information);
- The date and time you used our services;
- The pages you visited on our website and how long you visited us for;
- Your IP address;
- Your GPS location (where you have permitted access to this);
- The internet browser and devices you are using;
- The website address from which you accessed our website;
- Details of any transactions between you and us or any authorised repairer;
- Where you engage with us in a business context, we may collect your job title, company contact details (including email addresses), fleet size and company details;
- Voice recordings of calls you make to our customer service centre;
- "Live chat" records;
- Any information within correspondence you send to us.
How do we use this information?
Windrush Automotive Group will only process information that is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected. You will always have the option not to receive marketing communications from us (and you can withdraw your consent or object at any time). We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications, or share your personal information with anyone else that might. We may use or process your personal information in various ways. We list these below:
Where you have provided your consent, we may use and process your information to:
- Contact you from time to time about promotions, events, products, services or information which we think may be of interest to you (don’t worry, we won’t bombard you);
- Use automatic number plate recognition when you visit our authorised repairer network to alert them to your arrival at their premises.
- To share your personal information with our recommended third party partners, so that they can contact you with marketing information about their products and services (we will, of course, give you details about these third parties before you give your permission for us to send information to them).
- You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us on the details here or, in relation to any marketing messages you receive, by using the unsubscribe option included in those messages.
We may use and process your personal information where this is necessary to perform a contract with you and to fulfil and complete your orders, purchases and other transactions entered into with us (or one of our authorised repairers or selected partners).
We may use and process your personal information as set out below where it is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in our legitimate interests as a business to do so. Processing necessary for us to support customers with sales and other enquiries
- To respond to correspondence you send to us and fulfil the requests you make to us (for example: test drives, service requests, brochure requests or information about specific vehicles);
- To provide vehicle support and services (for example warranty services); Processing necessary for us to respond to understanding customers and drivers’ needs
- To analyse, evaluate and improve our products and services so that your visit and use of our website, applications, customer service centres are more useful and enjoyable (we will generally use data amalgamated from many people so that it doesn’t identify you personally);
- To undertake market analysis and research (including contacting you with customer surveys) so that we can better understand you as a customer and provide tailored offers, products and services that we think you will be interested in. We will only send marketing communications to you if you have provided your consent for us to do so or which we have obtained in the ways mentioned in the paragraph above;
- For product development purposes (for example to improve vehicle quality, performance and safety);
- In some cases we may use automated methods to analyse, combine and evaluate information that you have provided to us (including the sharing of your personal information within our group of companies and Volkswagen United Kingdom Limited. We collect and analyse this information in this way so that we can deliver the most appropriate customer experience to you by tailoring and making relevant all our service and communications (for example, when your mileage suggests your vehicle is due for a service.
- To send you marketing information from time to time after you have purchased a product or service from us or made a purchasing enquiry, closed your browser with items in your shopping basket or requested a test drive, brochure or other information of interest. We will only contact you with information about our own products and services (and in ways the law allows), which we hope you will like. You have the right to object to us sending you this information at any time;
- To contact you from time to time with marketing information (unless you object) if you have expressly indicated to us that you are acting on behalf of a business or where we have obtained your business contact details from our authorised repairer network or an online or public business directory. In relation to any such information we send by email or SMS, we will include an option allowing you to object to receiving future messages by unsubscribing;
- To contact you with targeted advertising delivered online through social media and other platforms operated by other companies, unless you object. You may receive advertising based on information about you that we have provided to the platform or because, at our request, the platform has identified you as having similar attributes to the individuals whose details it has received from us. To find out more, please refer to the information provided in the help pages of the platforms on which you receive advertising from us;
- To administer competitions and promotions that you enter with us from time to time and to distribute prizes;
- Processing necessary for us to operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively
- To verify the accuracy of information that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer;
- For network and information security purposes i.e. in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorised access;
- To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request);
- To inform you of updates to our terms and conditions and policies.
We may process your personal information to comply with our legal requirements (for example to register your car with the DVLA).
Sometimes we will need to process your personal information to contact you if there is an urgent safety or product recall notice and we need to tell you about it.
How do we share this information?
We do not sell your information to third parties. However, we may from time to time disclose your information to the following categories of companies or organisations to which we pass the responsibility to handle services on our behalf: roadside assistance service providers, customer contact centres, mobility and car hire providers, direct marketing communications agencies and consultants, market research and market analytics service providers, our legal and other professional advisors.
We take steps to ensure that any third party partners who handle your information comply with data protection legislation and protect your information just as we do. We only disclose personal information that is necessary for them to provide the service that they are undertaking on our behalf. We will aim to anonymise your information or use aggregated none specific data sets wherever possible. Due to the international nature of our business, there may be some instances where your information is processed or stored outside of the EU. In those instances, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place for that transfer and storage as required by applicable law.
There are circumstances where we share your information with Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Limited and their parent company in order to fulfil orders, transactions, handle complaints or provide you with a service or information that you have requested. For example, we will share information with Volkswagen Financial Services UK Limited where you enquire about their services through us or where you make a complaint to us and later make the same or similar complaint to them. Volkswagen Financial Services UK Limited may use your information to provide you with information and carry out their obligations arising from contracts you enter into with them. For more information, please see their privacy statement.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary. If you are a customer or otherwise have a relationship with us, we will hold personal information about you for a longer period than if we have obtained your details in connection with a prospective relationship.
We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
If we have a relationship with you (e.g. you are a customer or the registered driver of a leased or other vehicle purchased from us or an authorised repairer), we hold your personal information for 6 years from the date our relationship ends. We hold your personal information for this period to establish, bring or defend legal claims. Our relationship may end for a number of reasons including where the vehicle warranty or lease expires, or we have been made aware that you no longer own or drive that vehicle.
Where we have obtained your personal information following a request for information, test drive, brochure, quotation or any other information on any of our products or services, we hold your personal information for 1 year and 6 months from the date we collect that information, unless during that period we form a relationship with you e.g. you purchase or lease a vehicle. We hold your personal information for this period to give us an opportunity to form a relationship with you.
The only exceptions to the periods mentioned above are where:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- Where you have raised a complaint or concern regarding a product or service offered by us, in which case we will retain your information for a period of 6 years following the date of that complaint or query;
- or you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law (see further How can I manage the information we hold about you);
How can I manage the information we hold about you?
You have the right as an individual to access your personal information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us and ask us to erase information we hold about you. You can also object to us using your personal information (where we rely on our business interests to process and use your personal information).
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received any request.
You have the right to:
- Ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you;
- Correct and update your information;
- Withdraw your consent (where we rely on it). Please see further How do we use this information;
- Object to our use of your information (where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information) provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process the information. When we do rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information for direct marketing, we will always comply with your right to object;
- Erase your information (or restrict the use of it), provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process that information;
- Transfer your information in a structured data file (in a commonly used and machine-readable format), where we rely on your consent to use and process your personal information or need to process it in connection with your contract.
You can exercise the above rights and/or manage your information by contacting us using the details below:
Post: Customer Services. Windrush Volkswagen. 57 Farnham Road, Slough. Berkshire. SL1 3TN
Phone: 01753 670200
If you have any specific data protection concerns or a complaint, you can address it to our Data Protection Team at email@example.com.
If you are unhappy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office, the data protection regulator in the UK, are below:
Post: Information Commissioner's Office Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF
Call: 0303 123 1113
Complaint handling and dispute resolution process
Contact us straight away
In the first instance, if you're in one of our showrooms, do ask to speak to a manager or call or email us as soon as possible.
If you're still not happy with our response, please contact us using one of the options below. If you call us, we'll try to sort out your complaint while you're on the phone. If this isn't possible, the advisor will agree a course of action with you.
For problems or queries with your purchase or service from any Windrush Automotive Group branch, please contact using any of the following methods;
01753 670200 (Slough)
01628 682100 (Maidenhead)
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Windrush Automotive Group
57 Farnham Road
Windrush complaints handling customer promise:
- We accept all complaints with an open mind and should acknowledge the initial communications either verbally, by mail or in writing.
- We always put ourselves in the customer's place to ensure we can empathise and, due to our direct experience, advance the solution promptly whenever possible.
- Take a view with an open and unbiased mind and not prejudge.
- We will collect the facts ahead of making a judgement or taking corrective actions. Gaining as much information for our customer is important to build a comprehensive view.
- If a mistake or fault is identified we will work efficiently to bring about a fix and, whenever possible, we will seek your agreement for all parties to reach a conclusion.
- We will always learn from each complaint and communicate our learnings to the relevant areas of the business.
However if you still remain unsatisfied with our actions or outcome you are free to contact the relevant Ombudsman using the links below:
Code of Conduct
Windrush Automotive Group subscribe to the Motor Industry Code of Practice, which is designed to make things fair for all customers.
Treating Customers Fairly
Windrush observe the principles of the Equality Act 2010 (EqA 2010) which prohibits businesses who provide services to the public (for payment or not) from discriminating against, harassing and victimising certain classes of persons. We also take on the full obligation to make reasonable adjustments to our access and processes for disabled people. We also respect and treat equally and fairly all genders and people who have particular characteristics as equal and will not knowingly discriminate.
*age (for people aged 18 or over);
*pregnancy and maternity;
*religion or belief (not harassment);
*sexual orientation (not harassment).
For a full detail of the Equality Act 2010 follow this link: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/equality-act-2010-guidance
Windrush Automotive Group has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this site.
Whilst every effort is made to produce up to date products and specifications, this site should not be regarded as an infallible guide to our vehicles products and services, nor does it constitute an offer for the sale of any particular vehicle.
All rights, including copyright and database right, in the website and its contents, are owned by or licensed to Windrush Automotive Group, or otherwise used by Windrush Automotive Group as permitted by applicable law or the copyright holder. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast or transmit any text, images, graphic, logo, button, icon, image and their selection and arrangement thereof, and any underlying source code and software, for any commercial or public purpose without prior written permission from Windrush Automotive Group or the copyright holder.
You may not adapt, alter or create any of the material or information in this site or use it for any other purpose other than for your personal non-commercial use. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes.
Windrush Automotive Group reserves the right to use for its own purposes any material submitted to the site, including text and images, either on the site or in any other form, including for publicity purposes. Windrush Automotive Group reserves the right to monitor submissions to the site and to edit or reject any submissions.
We try to ensure that information on our site is accurate, complete and up-to-date. In using this site, however, you agree to be bound by the Terms & Conditions, which take effect on the date when you first use the site.
Without prejudice to your statutory rights, the site and all information, text, names, images, pictures, logos, links and icons and other materials (without limitation) are provided 'AS IS' and on an 'IS AVAILABLE' basis without representation warranty or endorsement, express or implied. In particular, we do not warrant or represent the accuracy or completeness of information provided on this site nor do we guarantee that use of this site will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that the site and its servers are free of computer viruses or bugs.
In no event will Windrush Automotive Group be liable to any person for any damage or loss that may arise from the use of any information contained in our site or products displayed on our site, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the site.
Notwithstanding anything else in these Terms & Conditions, we will not be liable for claims relating to the functionality or availability of this site.
All names, images, logos identifying Windrush Automotive Group are proprietary marks of Windrush Automotive Group. All third party brand, product, service and company names contained on this site are the trademarks, service marks and trade names of their respective holders. Windrush Automotive Group does not give permission for their use by any person other than the holders. Any such use may constitute an infringement of the holders' rights.
Windrush Automotive Group does not represent, warrant, endorse or hold responsibility over any external sites that may be linked to and from this site. Any external site that you visit by clicking through a link on this site is outside the control of Windrush Automotive Group and you visit entirely at your own risk.
The software downloads from this site have been thoroughly scanned and tested at all stages of production, but - as with all new software - we still recommend that you run a virus checker before use. We also recommend that you have an up-to-date backup of your hard disk before using the software. Windrush Automotive Group cannot accept responsibility for any disruption, damage and/or loss of data on your data or computer system that may occur while using the software. Consult your network administrator before installing any software on a networked computer.
Aggregated Site Usage Statistics
Cookies may be placed on your computer, phone or other Internet device to provide us with aggregated data of the usage of this site and the mediums which are driving traffic to the site. The data gathered by these is aggregated and therefore your individual usage of this site cannot be attributed to you.
Essential Site Features
Cookies may be placed upon your computer, phone or other Internet device in order to provide essential site features such as allowing you to compare different cars in stock and complete enquiry forms quickly.
Complimentary Site Features
These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising here shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Windrush Automotive Group reserves the right to change any of its terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online.
If you do not accept these Terms in full, you must stop using this website immediately.
Distance Selling Regulations Statement
The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013
- We have carefully reviewed the model, specification and options of the vehicle and detailed the condition in detail through a variety of methods, video, still photography and verbal. Each vehicle’s main characteristics.
- Our trading name is Windrush Automotive Group, 57 Farnham Rd, Slough Berkshire SL1 3TN. Tel. 01753 670200. Email email@example.com
- All complaints should be directed to; Windrush Automotive Group, Customer Relations; 57 Farnham Road Slough’ Berkshire’ SL1 3TN or visit www.windrush.co.uk for further information
- All of our pricing includes VAT as regulated and required.
- Delivery is free of charge to a distance of 20 miles from any Windrush showroom, if extra delivery charge is required, it will be quoted agreed and added to the order. The customer is always liable for any DVLA road tax charges and will fund this himself or herself at the point of delivery. This cost will not be detailed on the vehicle order as it is outside of our responsibility.
- Payment and delivery options will be discussed and agreed at point of order, the order will reflect the detail.
- We provide free 5-Day Drive away Insurance from Volkswagen which you will need to activate before we handover your car at delivery. Alternatively, you can arrange your own insurance coverage instead. After the 5 days, you will need to arrange your own insurance cover. Once we complete hand over of your new car you are fully liable for insuring your car
- We understand and confirm our legal duty to supply the goods in conformity with the contract/order.
- The warranty supplied with this vehicle meets the requirements of the Volkswagen Approved scheme. We recommend that any servicing or warranty works be completed at an Approved Volkswagen outlet who can administer the warranty in line with requirements.
- Our Code of Conduct is detailed at www.windrush.co.uk/privacy-legal.aspx within Treating Customers Fairly and Complaints procedure sections of Customer information.
- The conditions of any deposit to be paid are detailed within our terms and conditions document that is provided with our order form.
- You have the right to cancel this order for up to 14 days following the day of delivery under the Distance Selling Regulations. There does not need to be a specific reason for cancellation. However if your order was a bespoke specification by way of added specification or customization this clause is not applicable.
- Cancellation under the Distance Selling Regulations; ordinarily we do not run an organized distance selling scheme. However, due to the coronavirus outbreak we need to support our valued customers by delivering your vehicle to your home. If you have ordered and taken delivery of your vehicle without visiting our showroom and you are not buying the car in the course of your trade or business, the following cancellation clause applies:
- If you change your mind, you have up to 14 days following the day of delivery to cancel your order, let us know by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us by 6pm on the 14th day following delivery and we will trigger the return and refund process.
- We cannot accept a return if the car has been damaged, modified or altered from the condition it was delivered.
- An excess mileage charge of £1 per mile for any mileage over 20 miles in those 14 days will apply. If you choose to cancel your order, you cannot use the car once you have notified us - but you must still tax and insure the vehicle until it is collected.
- If you cancel your order within the 14-Day Money Back Guarantee period, we will not be able to give you your old car back but we will pay you the cash equivalent of the part exchange as detailed within the original order via bank transfer.
- We will arrange to collect the car within 2 days of when you cancel your order, we can only collect from the address where it was delivered between 9am and 5pm on the agreed date. We'll also collect your V5 log book at the same time, but if you haven't received it by the time we collect the car, please post it to Windrush Volkswagen,57 Farnham Rd, Slough Berkshire SL1 3TN once it arrives from the DVLA.
- If you need to rearrange your collection less than 24 hours before the scheduled time, there will be a cancellation charge of £250. We will deduct this payment from your refund.
- To complete the refund process we will check it over at collection and agree if it’s good to return. The refund will then be processed using the same original payment method and will include any charges for damage, mileage beyond the 20 mile limit or additional delivery charges. The refund will only be processed once we have your signed V5. Once all this is confirmed, your money will be back in your account within 5 working days.
- This cancellation (change of mind) clause does not affect any separate rights given to you in The Consumer Rights Act 2015 or the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended).
- Our complaints policy is detailed at www.windrush.co.uk/privacy-legal.aspx
Our mediation policy is detailed at www.windrush.co.uk/privacy-legal.aspx within the Customer Handling and Dispute Resolution section.
Once the contract is signed, we will send an email copy of this document to the customer.
"I have received the Distance sales information verbally, by email or hard copy and it has been clearly explained to me prior to finalizing the contract by way of accepting delivery."
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions: car sales
1. This order and any allowance in respect of a used motor vehicle offered by the Purchaser are subject to acceptance and confirmation in writing by the Seller.
2. The Seller will endeavour to secure delivery of the goods by the estimated delivery date (if any) but does not guarantee the time of delivery and shall not be liable for any damages or claims of any kind in respect of delay in delivery. (The Seller shall not be obliged to fulfil orders in the sequence in which they are placed).
3. If the goods to be supplied by the Seller are new, the following provisions shall have effect.
(a) this agreement and the delivery of the goods shall be sold subject to availability and any terms and conditions which the Manufacturer or Concessionaire may from time to time lawfully attach to the supply of the goods or the resale of such goods by the Seller. A copy of the terms and conditions currently so attached by the Manufacturer or Concessionaire may be inspected at the Seller’s Office
(b) the seller undertakes that he will ensure than the pre-delivery work specified by the Manufacturer or Concessionaire is performed and that he will use his best endeavours to obtain for the Purchaser from the Manufacturer or Concessionaire the benefit of any warranty or guarantee given by him to the Seller or to the Purchaser in respect of the goods.
(c) notwithstanding also the sum for Value Added Tax specified in the order, the sum payable by the purchaser in respect thereof shall be such sum as the seller becomes legally liable for at the time the taxable supply occurs;
(d) if after the date of this order and before delivery of the goods to the Purchaser the Manufacturer’s or Concessionaire’s recommended price for any of the goods shall be altered, the Seller shall give notice of any such alteration to the Purchaser, and
(i) in the event of the recommended price being reduced the amount of such reduction, if any, which the Seller intends to allow to the Purchaser shall be notified to the Purchaser. If the amount allowed is not the same as the reduction of the recommended price the Purchaser shall have the right to cancel the contract within 14 days of the receipt of such notice.
(e) in the event of the Manufacturer of the goods described in the order ceasing to make goods of that type, the Seller may (whether the estimated delivery date has arrived or not) by notice in writing to the Purchaser, cancel the contract.
4. If the Purchaser shall fail to take and pay for the goods within 14 days of notification that the goods have been completed for delivery, the Seller shall be at liberty to treat the contract as repudiated by the Purchaser and thereupon the deposit shall be forfeited without prejudice to the Seller’s right to recover from the Purchaser by way of damages any loss or expense which the Seller may suffer or incur by reason of the Purchaser’s default.
5. (a) If the contract be cancelled under the provisions of clauses 2 or 3 hereof the deposit shall be returned to the Purchaser and the Seller shall be under no further liability
(b) The Seller is at liberty to treat all monies held as deposit to the value of 10% of the purchase price of the goods as forfeited by the purchaser, should the contract be cancelled by the purchaser under circumstances not covered by the provisions of clauses 2, 3 and 5 hereof.
6. The goods shall remain the property of the Seller until the price has been discharged in full. All payments must be made by acceptable methods as designated by the Seller as at the date of transaction and all payments made by the Purchaser in payment shall not be treated as a discharge until the same has been irrevocably cleared into the Seller’s bank account.
7. Where the Seller agrees to allow part of the price of the goods to be discharged by the Purchaser delivering a used motor vehicle to the Seller, such allowance is hereby agreed to be given and received and such used vehicle is hereby agreed to be delivered and accepted, as part of the sale and purchase of the goods and upon the following further conditions:
(a) (i) that such used vehicle is the absolute property of the Purchaser and is free from all encumbrances; or
(ii) that such used vehicle is the subject of a hire purchase agreement or other encumbrance capable of cash settlement by the Seller, in which case the allowance shall be reduced by the amount required to be paid by the Seller in settlement thereof:
(b) that if the Seller has examined the said used vehicle prior to his confirmation and acceptance of this order, the said used vehicle shall be delivered to him in the same condition as at the date of such examination (fair wear and tear excepted);
(c) that such used vehicle shall be delivered to the Seller on or before delivery of the goods to be supplied by him hereunder, and the property in the said used vehicle shall thereupon pass to the Seller absolutely;
(d) that without prejudice to (c) above such used vehicle shall be delivered to the Seller within 14 days of notification to the Purchaser that the goods to be supplied by the Seller have been completed for delivery;
(e) that if the goods, through no fault on the part of the Seller, shall not be delivered to the Purchaser within 30 days after the date of this order or the estimated delivery date, where that is later, the amount allowed on the used vehicle shall be subject to reduction by an amount not exceeding 2% for each completed period of 30 days from the date of the expiry of the first mentioned 30 days, to the date of delivery to the Purchaser of the goods. In the event of non-fulfilment of any of the foregoing conditions, other than (e) the Seller shall be discharged from any obligation to accept the said used vehicle or to make any allowance in respect thereof, and the Purchaser shall discharge in cash the full price of the goods to be supplied by the Seller.
8. Any notice given hereunder must be in writing and sent by post to the residence or place of business of the person to whom it is addressed and shall be deemed to have been received in due course of post.
9. Notwithstanding the provisions of this agreement the Purchaser shall be at liberty before the expiry of 7 days after notification to him that the goods have been completed for delivery to arrange for a finance company to purchase the goods from the Seller at the price payable hereunder. Upon the purchase of the goods by such finance company, the preceding clauses of this agreement except clause 3(b) shall cease to have effect, but any used vehicle for which an allowance was thereunder agreed to be made to the Purchaser shall be bought by the Seller at a price equal to such allowance, upon the condition set forth in clause 8 above (save that in (c), (d) and (e) there of all references to "delivery" or "delivered" in relation to "the goods" shall be construed as meaning delivery or delivered by the Seller to or to the order of the finance company) and the Seller shall be accountable to the finance company on behalf of the Purchaser for the said price and any deposit paid to him under this agreement.
10. Autotransact notice: due to the live nature of our vehicle stock, any deposits placed via the Autotransact are always subject to the car being confirmed as available and not already sold, this is necessary due to some of our stock systems not being fully synchronised in real time. We will confirm within 24 hours.
The Seller: Windrush Automotive Group, 57 Farnham Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 3TN
Terms and conditions: aftersales
The Title in any goods or services does not pass to the customer until all monies are received in full and all payments cleared. Nothing contained herein is designed to nor will it affect a customer’s statutory rights.
Vehicle Sales: Please refer to your order form and our standard trading conditions.
Service Sales: Please refer to conditions below.
Parts Sales: Please refer to conditions below and goods supplied of satisfactory quality will not be accepted for credit unless returned within 7 days of issue, quoting the invoice number. All new parts returned will be subject to a handling charge. Goods correctly supplied to special order cannot be accepted for credit.
- In these conditions "the Dealer" shall mean the Company (authorised by the Volkswagen Importer, VOLKSWAGEN Group United Kingdom Limited t/a Volkswagen U.K. ("the Importer") to be an authorised Volkswagen dealer) by whom this form is used "the Customer" shall mean the person or body by or on whose behalf this form is signed on the reverse side hereof and "the Manufacturer" shall mean Volkswagen AG Wolfsburg Germany and subsidiaries thereof or its successors.
- Where the Dealer contracts to carry out any Volkswagen Standard Inspection Service or Diagnostic Operation by name the Dealer’s liability shall be limited to the performance of such work as may be prescribed from time to time by the manufacturer or the Importer for the United Kingdom as coming within the scope of such operation.
- All contracts with the Dealer shall be valid and binding only if made in writing upon the Dealer’s Workshop Instructions Form and shall be subject to these conditions of business and no other. A contract shall exist when and only when the Dealer’s Workshop Instructions Form has been signed by or on behalf of the Customer. No variation of any contract shall be valid unless agreed in writing and signed by or on behalf of the Customer and the Dealer.
- The Dealer and its servants and agents are expressly authorised by the Customer to use the vehicle or vehicles referred to within our job authority on the highway and elsewhere for all purposes in connection with the Inspection Service and Repair thereof.
- All monies due to the Dealer in respect of Servicing or Repair operations carried out on the vehicle or vehicles referred to overleaf shall become payable when such operations are completed and the customer has been notified either overleaf or otherwise that the vehicle or vehicles are ready for collection. Unless otherwise agreed all payments to the Dealer shall be made before the vehicle or vehicles are released to the Customer and in cash, through a VWFS service plan contract, approved credit or debit card.
- The Customer acknowledges the Dealer to have a legal lien upon any vehicle or vehicles left with the Dealer for Service Inspection or Repair and upon the fittings or contents thereof for all monies due to the Dealer from the Customer on any account.
- The Dealer shall not be liable for delay in completing service or repairs due to circumstances or events beyond its control.
- All agreements made between the Dealer and the Customer, or as provided by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 or similar enacted Legislation, Regulations and Directives, are personal to the Customer who shall not assign his rights or liabilities under an agreement made subject to these conditions.
- If the Customer shall become bankrupt or insolvent or make any arrangement with creditors or suffer a receiver of his effects to be appointed or being a body corporate enters into liquidation other than for the purpose of amalgamation or reconstruction the Dealer shall have the right to terminate any agreement with the Customer subject to these conditions and shall thenceforth cease to have any further obligation under the contract and the price for all work done and goods and services rendered by the Dealer shall immediately become payable.
- If by reason of the Customer’s instructions or lack of such instructions any vehicle or vehicles left with the Dealer for any Inspection Service or Repair operation are not collected by the Customer from the Dealer within 7 days of the Dealer’s having notified the Customer either over-leaf or otherwise that such operations have been completed the Dealer shall be at liberty to charge the Customer a reasonable daily sum for the storage of such vehicle or vehicles.
- The work carried out as specified overleaf is warranted against faulty workmanship for a period of 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the date of completion of the work. This does not seek to affect your rights under common law.
- No parts will be accepted for credit unless returned within 7 days of collection, quoting the invoice number. All new parts returned for credit shall, in the opinion of the Dealer, be in reasonable condition, of satisfactory quality and will be subject to a handling charge. Goods specially ordered cannot be accepted for credit. This does not affect your right under Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994.
The Dealer: Windrush Automotive Group, 57 Farnham Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 3TN